Your feedback on DSM 2012

On 27-28 February 2012 decision makers from Member States and European institutions, along with high level representatives from business, civil society and academia are invited to a forward looking dialogue on the political challenges of creating a truly European Digital Single Market. Here you can find more information.

We want your opinion, suggestion, experience on the event, whether you were present or followed it online.

Please share your suggestions and vote/comment on those of others. This has already helped to improve EU events such as the Digital Assembly and Going Local initiatives.

Thanks!

How can we improve events such as the Digital Single Market?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Europe of the citizens

Citizens are the constituency, not companies. Rather than to invite leading US companies the EU should reach out to European citizens which challenge these companies with their creative solutions. The tendency of smusing with the lobby of established players is disgraceful. I makes you feel like in a colony where your government serves the occupation powers and keeps citizens down. We as citizens are supposed to run this, not multinationals.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Make it easy for Xbox live, Netflix, iTunes, Spotify to open pan-European

Make audiovisual collective licensing easy and fast. Help and promote companies companies that want to open throughout the European Union.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Admin →
      • Invite and listen to concerned citizens!

I hope you have heard about the citizen-led campaign against high roaming charges at www.fairroaming.org that is now supported by 15 organisations, more than 150000 people and 14 MEPs.

Sadly, we were not invited, nor even informed about the ongoing conference even though it covers the issue of roaming. Once again, it's just a meeting of politicans and lobbyists but without citizens being invited that could say a lot about actual experiences. This seems to be a general problem of such conferences but it sheds a bad light on what is being done...

Before an event like this, someone should…

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Get the speeches available online in commentable format

The speeches of the first session were inspiring and rich, could we publish them online and make them commentable like in www.commentneelie.eu ?

12 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • You don't roam within our EU home!

In a true Digital Single Market, there should be not concept of roaming within the DSM.

The Digital Single Market is the EU and the EU is the 'home' of EU citizens.

Citizens should only be considered to be 'roaming' when they leave EU borders.

So, if we want a true Digital Single Market, 'roaming' within needs to be banished.

All calls & data travelling anywhere within the EU should be charged at the same rate, regardless the country the call starts and ends in.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)