Public innovation in the Digital Agenda for Europe: crowdsourcing ideas

Europe’s public services are in turmoil and there is increasing pressure put on public services to evolve urgently. We are committed in going digital to triple the bottom line of sustainability: environmental, social and economic.

Europe is hard at work when it comes to digital public services and sustainability with initiatives such as cross-border e-government, e-health for 2020, the European Innovation Partnership for active & healthy ageing, Digital Champions for e-literacy & e-inclusion, and soon a Smart Cities and Communities initiative.

This idea-generation space is launched to prepare the ground for the Mid-Term Review of the Digital Agenda for Europe (to be published in late 2012) and in preparation of the Digital Agenda Assembly. We aim to leverage the intelligence of Europeans to draw here the largest number of good ideas about one main question:

In which concrete ways should new Europe enable and deliver innovation in digital public services and sustainability?

• For example, should we step up R&D in connecting activities and ‘liberating data’ in health and care?
  • Should we invest more – and in what – in Horizon 2020 in public sector innovation to enable citizens’ co-creation of digital public services?
  • What else?

Where will your ideas go?
The most voted and commented ideas will be analyzed and taken into account in the context of the the Mid-Term Review of the Digital Agenda for Europe. They will also be an input for support at European level such as in Horizon 2020 or other programmes and initiatives..
But we are also very interested in initiatives that you directly carry out to promote public innovation, which could be replicated across Europe.

How can we deliver public innovation through the Digital Agenda for Europe?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Break free from the digital dependency of Europe

The European Commission should actively overcome our strategic digital dependencies, for instance on word processing software and search engines, by financing of competing solutions. This would not only save Europeans and enterorises large amounts of money but also enable European solutions providers access to the digital interfaces to promote innovation and their solutions. The only way to overcome the eColony state of European markets is the creative destruction of the current monopolies by competition. Dependencies on digital formats are more dangerous than dependencies on oil and gas because they endanger our freedom and our access to technology and culture.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Blend of political transparency and social ...

It would be great to be able to identify, discover and connect with elected representatives via social media (both local and EU level). This would foster direct democracy and allow to get in touch with your officials right away. Say you provide your postal code and receive the list of people representing you, get a taste of where do they stand politically in the relationship to the key issues, their voting history, etc ... There should be further opportunity to engage in exchange of views, conduct opinion polls, etc ... Blend of political transparency and social media ... Here is…

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • The 21st century media needs 21st century promise

Development of social media will continue in the future.
        However, many problems -- personal information is exposed -- are also in the shade of development.
        We cannot enjoy ourselves comfortably.
        The 21st century media needs 21st century promise.
        I think needs the promise beyond a country of the global standard and we desire that the contents which showed the fundamental action about social media. It is shown to not only an adult but a child, we can expect educational effects.

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • START-UP EUROPE.COOP: CREATE AN INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.COOP ORGANISATION FOR THIRD SECTOR

The time is now for a powerful Third /Social Sector to finally emerge from the ashes of Crash 2008 and stretch its wings right across every Country in the EU and the Greater Europe too, all 47 countries. This is a huge, virtually untapped sector which for far too long has been flying under the radar, As it is released it will bring with it a tidal wave of young, raw, new energy, innovation and livelihoods through new e-skilled Jobs - as it spearheads a Start-up Europe.Coop in a next generation of co-operatives - one that embraces Digital Agenda Europe…

5 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • MY IDEA...EU: Creation of a portal Official (by the European Commission) single (Country members & non-EU) UEe-D

MY IDEA...Proposal for the creation : EU: Creation of a portal Official (by the European Commission) single (Country members & non-EU) UEe-Diplomacy « data.europeandiplomacy.eu ».
            Digital diplomacy, a tool of "soft power" for a new face of international relations...
            Bien à vous, Morgane BRAVO
            http://twitter.com/#!/MorganeBravo
            https://twitter.com/#!/EcologieI

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • An EU Invention Calendar - Digital Projects & Smartphone Apps!

A European Union Invention Calendar which quickly and efficiently selects 'ready to go' projects and become Smartphone Applications for Digitised Platforms and Format of Business.

This Agenda shall need clever Entrepreneurs, Scientists, Technologists, New Thinkers, Business Plans, Data and Model Matrix blended with Financial Forecast of a minimal outlay investment for highest profit returns and greatest possible number of stimulus for employments, work-life balance for families, expected revenue and re-investment and changeability and flexibility built-in when industry and climate and economic plates shift!

I am submitting before The European Union and The Digital Agenda and OECD, WIPO, WTO and EXIM…

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Shipping - One Valentijn & One Ship

Shipping Tales of Seals jumping on-board grandfathers in-land Ship & Seal remembering his Ship each time he passed by, the feeling of falling asleep to the purring sound of a giant Caterpillar engine, watching the Captains reverse the giant Ship all the time altering languages between German, Dutch & English, rest time is watching satelite television from all over the world and waking up early to work another 15 hours to deliver goods from Holland to Switzerland.

Giant Sea Ship Tanker resting beneath your window, docked until Rotterdam calls in next load to deliver is ready, catching up with friends…

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • I will not use market leaders anymore

I will pledge to avoid to use the solutions from dominant forces on the market and instead use the ones of their competitors. I will use Bing, not Google. Mac, not Microsoft. Identica, not twitter. Yahoo, not googlemail. This is my contribution to forster competition which is essential to innovation.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • GEOAVALANCHE - Social mapping for avalanche incident mitigation

The idea would be to collect reports about avalanches, areas prone to and incidents happened from the crowd in order to making them available to official stakeholders. This would allow to foster warning service tools and raise awareness of avalanche risk to mountaineers through the use of crowdsourcing information.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • IP Guardianship Law - Digitised Live Pulsating Clusters for Change

Clusters are a wonderful changeable entity which can be regulated, structured, protected and guarded to mechanize and digitise the largest amount of people at any one moment in time, yet always Live, operating in Real Time Sphere.

Allow me to build & develop this plan, which can be designed & crafted to suit each Digital Agenda the European Union has - and start moving you away from Research heavy and slow processes to becoming vibrant hot-house for growth and outcomes which can live on and exist in a vibrant and self-sufficient nature.

Most important to creating an Innovation Hub such…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Public innovation in the Digital Agenda for Europe: crowdsourcing ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base