How can we deliver public innovation through the Digital Agenda for Europe?

Make better use of the existing platforms and databases

Make better use of the existing platforms and databases (such as ePractice.eu) in recognising innovative initiatives across Europe, e.g. through highlighting the most interesting cases periodically with a good practice label (this was done until 2009). Of course, this should not be done too often (bi-annually?) and the number of selected cases should be limited to add a touch of exclusivity to motivate the organisations to post their projects. The ePractice database has quite a large selection of cases (with contact data) and this might allow for better orientation in the system (i.e. to understand which cases are remarkable on European level) and motivate organisations to submit and describe their projects more thoroughly.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jamal ShahinJamal Shahin commented  · 

Good point: trouble is that a lot of this (good practice labels) has actually been done, but possibly needs a rethink. Perhaps we can learn from the OECD's "Peer Review" methodology; where in depth studies are carried out, in consultation with all involved, rather than being a non-engagement platform?

Feedback and Knowledge Base